The blue clay bar gently removes dirt and allows easy removal of bonded contamination. This clay cleans thoroughly and is particularly gentle to paint.
- Weight: 100g
- Color: Blue
- very gentle on paint
- Easy to apply
For a clay lube try mixing a little of our 5* rated Soor Apple pH neutral pure shampoo with water.
The process of claying is pretty simple. Once you have chemically decontaminated your cars paint with TARantula tar and glue remover and Redemption fallout remover you will have removed most of the contamination. But, if you use the sandwich bag trick* you will notice the paint still feels gritty. This is where the clay bar comes in, it physically grabs and pulls out what remains, leaving your paint smooth as glass.
* The sandwich bag trick is when you put your hand in a sandwich bag and lightly rub the paint, it helps you feel the contamination still present.
One thing to be aware of is that claying your car can, and likely will, cause some marring and may need machine polishing after. If you intend to polish by hand I'd recommend skipping the clay and going straight to a non abrasive glaze like our GlossLock Sealer Glaze, it has gotten rave reviews all over YouTube.
So, how do you use it?
1. The clay bar can be split into 4-8 sections, mould once of these sections with the warmth of your hand into a kind of flat puck, this can also be done with warm water to soften it further.
2. Next, get your clay lube or use our tip above to make one.
3. Spray the clay lube liberally over the panel then rub your clay over the panel back and fourth with only enough pressure to maintain contact with the paint. It should glide smoothly when doing this.
4. Keep one side clean and one side for claying the paint so you can then fold it in on itself and make a new clean surface as it gets dirty.
If clay is dropped, bin it, and get a fresh piece as it will hold grit after this. Glass can also be clayed.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Never accept a parcel that appears to be damaged or leaking, ask for it to be returned and we will send a replacement out. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly (up to 7 days). This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (2-3 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request.
If you need to return an item use the "Contact Us" section of the site to inform us. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
Full shipping information is on the "Delivery Information" section of the site in the tabs at the bottom of the page.